Virgin Mobile

Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

Master

Re: Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

Hi! So I bought a certified pre owned one last year, physically it didn’t really have anything like scratches or thinks like that. If I had the chance to buy it all over again I would’ve just bought a new phone. My certified pre owners phone had the speakers blown out, my sound was (and still is horrible). It was such a hassle to have the certified one bc if you took it to the Apple store they told me I wasn’t covered with Apple care since the phone was old. But after back and forth calling with Apple and virgin they were able to get me the year Apple care, they “fixed” my phone, my sound is still off, but all Apple would say is that it wasn’t “thattttt bad.” I would suggest, just get the new one that way you don’t have to deal with problems if the phone functionality is off.
Heavy Hitter

Thanks for the response! So I'm wondering what exactly is the 90 warranty on the not certified ones? It sounds almost that if I get a piece of garbage pre-owned phone it is not returnable or refundable? It's all so confusing. I really wish I could afford a newer one. I'm an Android person by nature it's the 128 that's attracting me. I mean it seems most phones are 32 memory but I can't help but think that I'll buy the iPhone pre-owned only to find that 90 guarantee only applies to certain things but I don't want some that looks like it got stuck in the trash compacter.
Agent

Hi, Vickylmartinez. Pre-Owned devices are covered by 90 Day Limited Replacement Warranty. You can submit a claim dialing 1-844-834-5579. You will be given instructions on how you can return your Pre-Owned phone to receive a replacement Pre-Owned phone via the shipping process with valid claim. You can also return the device contacting customer service within 7 days of the purchase date.

Heavy Hitter

Great! Can you please define what "limited" replacement warranty means? Limited how?
Agent

Hi, vickylmartinez. By limited, it means that Pre-Owned phones warranty can't be extended. After 90 days from the date of activation, they'll no longer have a warranty available. 

Master

Yeah I get you, I had a really annoying and difficult time with wanting to get a replacement on my certified pre owned. I called the 90 warranty number and they would give me a different number to call and they those people would give me the 90 day warrenty people's number. Everyone would go back and forth telling me they didn't handle "those problems," it took almost 2 months to get to someone that actually helped, it was actually through this online forum that I was finally able to get help and they reset the apple care date for me so I can be covered through apple care for a year and then apple was able to help fix the audio on my phone, but even then apple didn't do anything either becuase my phone passed all the "technical" sound tests but till this day (a year later) my phone still has a muffled sound and sometimes when i record, the audio is distorted. If i were to do it again I would have def paid the extra money for the new phone. Maybe wait till black friday and see if they go on sale? A month after i bought the cerrtified pre owned iphone 7 plus, the new iphone 7 plus phones were on sale for less than what I paid for the certified pre owned one.