Virgin Mobile

Repaired iphone saying locked sim

Whiz Kid

Repaired iphone saying locked sim

I just got a replacement phone from Apple after my iphone7 had connectivity issues. It's now saying that the sim (the Virgin mobile one I've had since I got my original 7) is locked. I tried to 'swap my device' online but it says that the ICCID is in use. Is there a way to use the same sim card on the new phone? I've been without a phone for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to get super frustrated.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Repaired iphone saying locked sim

Hello, @lornalorraine. Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, your current SIM card is attached to your old iPhone, you need a new SIM card for your new phone. Please send us a PM with your phone number and PIN so we can further assist you with this. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Enthusiast

Hi I have the same problem where on my iphone 7 plus that i’ve had work perfect for two years, it now says my sim is locked and then I will lose my data? How do i get a new sim card?
Agent

Hi there, @daragh. Is the phone asking for a PUK to unlock the SIM card?

Enthusiast

no it’s not i get a message asking me to reboot my phone because my sim card is locked and then a couple seconds later i get an invalid sim message followed by a loss of data
Agent

Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin @daragh.