Virgin Mobile

Replacement phone received locked, now Virgin won't unlock it

Whiz Kid

Replacement phone received locked, now Virgin won't unlock it

I started my service with an iPhone I purchased from the Apple store a few months ago, it was unlocked and paid in full, after I lost it I received a replacement device locked to Virgin Mobile from the Insurance company, I now want my iPhone to be unlocked like the one I had originally but when I call their CS line they bring their BS unlocking policy that doesn't apply to me because this phone was not purchased from Virgin Mobile and I shouldn't wait 12 months to have it unlocked, this means that I can't use my phone anywhere else for a full year wich is in other words a 12 month commitment they are making me have. What gives Virign Mobile the right to do this when this is supposed to be a "no contract" and "no commitment" service and I own my phone 100%?

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Replacement phone received locked, now Virgin won't unlock it

So sorry to hear about this experience, cpyel. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages.

Whiz Kid

Your system is not allowing me to send a reply, please help.

Agent

Please check you internet connection.