Virgin Mobile

Return policy

Enthusiast

Return policy

I recently purchased a pre-loved iphone 7 but based on community reviews I judged that I did not want to deal with a defective phone. 7 days to return (not business days) is ridiculous and does not provide a customer with enough time to evaluate a phone’s quality and judge if it’s fit for use. If I refuse a package and it is returned to the sender, and arrives a day later than the 7 measley days VM provides, will I still receive my full refund? I would like to see if the phone is actually worth it, but it does not seem like I have enough time to do so without risking losing all my money and being stuck with a phone that doesn’t work. So if the phone arrives a day late, will VM be keeping the phone and my money ?
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Return policy

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for any inconvenience. Pre-Loved iPhones come with a 90-Day Limited Replacement Warranty, but if you decide to refuse the package, you will be getting a refund once the device is received and validated at our warehouse. 

Whiz Kid

Just spring for a new phone, the replacement policy for these phones is a nightmare to deal with, I am currently 2 weeks in after being shipped a pre loved phone that was defective on arrival.

After being made to talk to 4-7 agents they made me an appointmet at my local apple store where it was determined that my pre loved phone was sent to me with a 3rd party replacement screen that was poorly installed and a hardware failure that would not allow it to connect to cell towers.

FINALLY they connected me to the service replacement, virgin mobile was unable to create an account with thier insurer for me so i had to wait another 48 hrs for the insurance to get back to me, and upon them finally getting back to me the insurance agent mis heard and input the wrong date on my claim, an error that will take another 48 hours to rectify, and even now the last work is they "hope" my claim gets accepted.

TLDR: The non certified pre loved phones are not a safe bet, and if you are sent a broken phone Virgin agents will treat you like you are trying to scam them and at no point will you be guaranteed that your phone you paid for will be replaced.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I receive an IPhone7 yesterday and it was indeed not working properly.   The inlet for the plug into the phone was loose and would not charge the phone properly.  I emailed for help today and they gave me the option of returning the phone and created a tag for me so I will be in the 7 day return window.  It all seems smooth so far.  I did order another IPhone7 so we will see if that one works properly.  I will keep you updated but so far their return process has gone smoothly.