Virgin Mobile

Returning iphone that hasn't been activated

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Returning iphone that hasn't been activated

Hi!

I messaged on facebook but was told I'd still need to call to get an RMA number. Called customer service, was hung up on over and over. How do I do this? This is my only day off to get this fixed.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: Returning iphone that hasn't been activated

This is a very unpleasant experience for you.

As a practical matter, you should keep a record (presumably it is on your phone) of all the calls you made and any exchange of messages that has taken place.  

Since you have been told the only way to obtain a RMA is by phone, you could try one more time and if you are not successful, then you could send a message on Facebook explaining the situation and making a strong request that the matter be escalated to ensure you are provided with a RMA within the time required to make a return.  Virgin Mobile can certainly direct one of its representative to call you at a designated time to provide that RMA.

Obviously, you must make a good faith effor to meet the conditions stated for obtaining the RMA.  Should you do what is indicated and are unable to do so, it would be important for you to document each step.  Such documentation will be important if you are unable to obtain the RMA within the time needed to return the device.

Should the matter not be resolved in a timely way, there are dispute mechanisms to consider.  Having complete documentation of all that has transpired is an important part of that process.

3 REPLIES
Wizard

This is a very unpleasant experience for you.

As a practical matter, you should keep a record (presumably it is on your phone) of all the calls you made and any exchange of messages that has taken place.  

Since you have been told the only way to obtain a RMA is by phone, you could try one more time and if you are not successful, then you could send a message on Facebook explaining the situation and making a strong request that the matter be escalated to ensure you are provided with a RMA within the time required to make a return.  Virgin Mobile can certainly direct one of its representative to call you at a designated time to provide that RMA.

Obviously, you must make a good faith effor to meet the conditions stated for obtaining the RMA.  Should you do what is indicated and are unable to do so, it would be important for you to document each step.  Such documentation will be important if you are unable to obtain the RMA within the time needed to return the device.

Should the matter not be resolved in a timely way, there are dispute mechanisms to consider.  Having complete documentation of all that has transpired is an important part of that process.

Enthusiast

Thanks! Yep, I have records. I did this through facebook because I had heard other people say it was the only way. They told me they can't generate the RMA you need to return it and told me to call customer service. Customer service has only a few options and just hangs up if you need anything else. 

Agent

Hey there @eforges. We apologize for the late response. We'll be more than happy to assist you. Would you please send us a private message so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.