Virgin Mobile

SIM card issue - Add Cellular Plan

Whiz Kid

SIM card issue - Add Cellular Plan

I got the new iPhone XR last week, and it worked great all week, but last night I started having cellular issues.  I had to reboot it for service.  It worked great for a few hours but when I got home and I recharged the battery, it gave me a SIM error and no longer recognizes the SIM card.  In the Cellular setting, it says to add Cellular Plan and to scan the QR code of my carrier.  I reset the network, took the SIM card out 3 times with the power off.  Nothing seems to work.  Is this a VM issue or an Apple issue?  I've spent 30 minues trying to figure out how to contact customer service.  Can I use the SIM card in my old iPhone 6?

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Re: SIM card issue - Add Cellular Plan

Hi there! The SIM cards may not be interchangeable. Let's take a look. Please send us a private message so we may review your account.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

Re: SIM card issue - Add Cellular Plan

Update....I took the phone to the Apple store and they decided it was a bad SIM card. diagnostics did not find anything wrong with the phone. They put a new SIM card in and called VM to activate it. It seems to be fine now.