Virgin Mobile

Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve - No Phone Service/Sprint Message?

Whiz Kid

Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve - No Phone Service/Sprint Message?

Seems an issue others have had over the years so one would think there would be an easy resolve, but no specific info on how previously afflicted clients issue was resolved. Just activated a new device, Samsung J3 Achieve.  All is fine with device, but cannot make/recieve calls or text msgs. Get the recording Sprint transferring to external operator. Spent hours yesterday with 2 different support techs from Virgin & no resolve. Last person said he was pushing problem up to higher level and call me back on home phone.  I have been without phone or text service for 2 days now & cannot remain without service any longer. Have reset & reactivated the phone a number of times with each support person at Virgin. I have been a customer for many years now and it should not be this difficult to upgrade devices purchased from the service provider. Anyone have specifics on how this issue was resolved? Thx.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve - No Phone Service/Sprint Message?

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Please send us a private message so we may work with you through there.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy j7 refine.  I have spent hours with virgin/Sprint store. To no avail.  Over a week without calling out/in/texting.  Also getting the Sprint operator telling me to use a credit card to place a call.  How do I resolve this?  I'm ready to return the phone and cancel my account.

Agent

Hello pipersarah. I am sorry about the inconvenience with your phone. Lets figure this out. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number.

Whiz Kid

I'm having the same issues. I had a few LGs over the years and thought I'd try something different. So I ordered the Samsung J3 Achieve from the virgin mobile website. I received the phone and swapped my service to the new device. Everything seemed to be just fine, but my text messaging would stop working. I would have to restart the phone, and then everything is working again only to stop after a while. I called tech support, and they wanted me to update my profile under settings. I did this, and everything was working again... only to stop working after a short while.

After about of week of getting sick of resetting my profile every hour or so and realizing I was also missing incoming calls, I called support again. Was on the phone for about 45 minutes and then randomly transferred to another operator who had to go thru everything again with me. He managed to make my service worse as I can no longer make outgoing calls as I also get transferred to a sprint operator. I also can not text at all. The only thing that does work is data. He was supposed to send me a new SIM card the next day, but I have yet to see it. I'm about ready to give up and go to a new carrier and NEVER bother with virgin mobile or Sprint again.

Did Virgin Mobile ever fix this issue for you?

Agent

Hello MeanDean, sorry to hear about this experience. Please send us a private message so we can investigate and try to find a resolution.