Virgin Mobile

Should I reset my phone service/ and how?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Should I reset my phone service/ and how?

My data is slow, my FaceTime lags, people tell me that my phone skips when we are in a call. My phone doesn’t work any better on WiFi. I believe it’s just something wrong with the service. Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: Should I reset my phone service/ and how?

You can check outage status at the link below.

http://downdetector.com/status/virgin-mobile

If there is no problem there the issue is either with your account or your phone.

You did not say which model you are using or what version of iOS you are on.

The latest version of iOS is 11.4.1 and you can check your version in Settings-General-Software Update.

One easy thing to try that might help is to do a service update by dialing ##873283# and pressing the Call button.

Allow the update to complete and see if that helps.

If not,  you might have an agent check your account and reprovision your service.

Should you still have problems at that point, back up your phone, connect to iTunes and do a restore.

If after that, there are still issues, make an appointment at the Genius Bar if you are near an Apple Store and have the phone diagnosed.  Should there be no Apple Store near you, contact Apple Support and request a remote hardware diagnosis.

Good luck!

2 REPLIES
Wizard

You can check outage status at the link below.

http://downdetector.com/status/virgin-mobile

If there is no problem there the issue is either with your account or your phone.

You did not say which model you are using or what version of iOS you are on.

The latest version of iOS is 11.4.1 and you can check your version in Settings-General-Software Update.

One easy thing to try that might help is to do a service update by dialing ##873283# and pressing the Call button.

Allow the update to complete and see if that helps.

If not,  you might have an agent check your account and reprovision your service.

Should you still have problems at that point, back up your phone, connect to iTunes and do a restore.

If after that, there are still issues, make an appointment at the Genius Bar if you are near an Apple Store and have the phone diagnosed.  Should there be no Apple Store near you, contact Apple Support and request a remote hardware diagnosis.

Good luck!

Agent

Hey there, Quanna14! So sorry for the inconvenience. Have the steps provided by @madra31 resolved the issue? If not, please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN.