Virgin Mobile

Sim card locked

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Sim card locked

I have an iphone 6S and I am getting a message "Sim card is locked. Power cycle devices, if issue persists, contact customer support". When I power cycle the device, the sim card works for about 5 minutes before I get the message again. I have been having problems with the sim card for a few weeks, where I would get a no sim card message, or invalid sim card, but power cycling worked for a few hours to a day. I updated the phone and it worked for about a week before the problem reoccurred. Now power cycling is not helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Sim card locked

Hi, taking the sim card out did not help. I was able to call cutomer support from a different phone, and they will be sending a replacement card. Thank you for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Hello wozniz. Sorry to hear about this issue. Let's get this straightened out. Has your device sustained any physical damage (wet, dropped, broken, etc..)?

Whiz Kid

No, the device has not sustained any physical damage.

Can you please remove the SIM card, rub the metal side of it on some fabric and place it back inside the device.

Whiz Kid

Hi, taking the sim card out did not help. I was able to call cutomer support from a different phone, and they will be sending a replacement card. Thank you for your help.

Whiz Kid

Can someone please state what customer support phone options will take me to a person that I can talk to about this. I have the same problem (Sim locked, needing PUK) but none of the phone options seem to apply.

Agent

Hi, gbohanno1! Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages.

Whiz Kid

I called a 1-888 customer support line, but I had a different problem. I did not need to PUK to unlock the card, I had a dead SIM card.