Virgin Mobile

Swap Device Problem

Enthusiast

Swap Device Problem

I just bought a new iPhone XR and it arrived today. I tried to swap my device online to get my service and my same phone number onto my new iPhone. But the page will not load. After I hit 'keep current number' and hit 'next' it's just a spinning circle and won't load the next page no matter what I do or how long I wait. It went like that for about an hour until I finally gave up and just closed out.

I would love some help! I would call but I work so late that I don't have much time to call and activate my new phone until the weekend.

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Swap Device Problem

Hi there, @tattooedfoxes! Thank you for stopping by. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Where was the phone purchased? 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I have the same problem!!!! I just bought an iphone, and I'm trying to switch from an android. I really hope there was another possible way to do this easier online. I just waited almost 2 hours. 

Enthusiast

I finally just had to call the number to swap my device and it took 2 minutes. So if the online one isn't working for you, I advise you to call, it takes little to no time at all!

Enthusiast

I purchased it through virgin mobile online! But I got it to work!

Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, yangtina21. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.

Whiz Kid

I just sent an email.

Agent

We want to help, yangtina21! Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.