Virgin Mobile

Swap Device serial number error

Whiz Kid

Re: Swap Device serial number error

I am also having trouble when I put in the IMEI number for my unlocked IPhone.

Agent

@Nelson_Cheng, lets try and get you sorted out. Do you have a current account with us, also do you have a Virgin mobile sim card?

Whiz Kid

Yeah, I have a Virgin Mobile Account. I just bought an unlocked IPhone from the Apple Store. I am using the same Virgin mobile sim card that I used with my previous Virgin Mobile IPhone.

Agent

@Nelson_Cheng, unfortunately an unlock iPhone will not work. You will need to take the phone to the store and tell them you need a Virgin mobile Inner circle iPhone, also the phone will come with its own Virgin Mobile sim card. The sim card from your old phone will not work. 

Whiz Kid

Thanks.

Agent

You're welcome. 

Enthusiast

Hi Charlotte, I was hoping you'd be able to help me. I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to swap out my number to a new iPhone but the same error message is popping up for me whenever I put in the IMEI number.

Agent

Hi there! We’d be happy to help. Please send us a private message with the IMEI number to assist you with this. 

Enthusiast

Sent you a PM

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Hello -- this is very disappointing Virgin says my MEID is valid but it won't let me swap phones? I have tried 20 times and no help. Can't cal bc I don't have a different phone to call from. Please help.