Virgin Mobile

Swap my device - iPhone SE to iPhone 7

Whiz Kid

Swap my device - iPhone SE to iPhone 7

I just purchased an unlocked iPhone 7 and am trying to swap out my current iPhone SE that I have been using. I bought the iPhone SE directly from VM a few years ago and only have one sim card. I removed the sim card from the iPhone SE and installed it in my new iPhone 7 and went to the Swap My Device link from My Account. I entered the IMEI for the new iPhone 7 and entered the ICCID for the sim card on the next screen. I am getting the error message that the ICCID is already in use, probably because my iPhone SE is still activated and I only have one sim card. I am trying to continue my current service without any interruption and would prefer if I did not have to buy another sim card. I have read that it is possible for VM customer service to manually swap the devices. Please let me know how I can accomplish this. Thanks!

1 REPLY
Agent

Re: Swap my device - iPhone SE to iPhone 7

Hello, @marvel21. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to better assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.