Virgin Mobile

Swapping Service to a used iPhone

Whiz Kid

Swapping Service to a used iPhone

Hello there, 

My friend passed along an old iPhone to me. My current phone has terrible battery life, so I am looking to swap service from my current phone to that one - with my Virgin Mobile sim card. Her network was Verizon Wireless. I have not been able to get past the ICCID step when trying to activate it online. The gentleman I spoke with through Virgin mobile said I would not be able to activate and use this phone because it previously used Verizon Wireless. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Swapping Service to a used iPhone

Hello, danscher91! We definitely want to look into this for you. Which iPhone do you have?

Whiz Kid

Hi John, 

Both phones are an iPhone 6s. 

Thanks,
Dan

Agent

Most iPhone 6S phones will work with Virgin Mobile if they are unlocked and were previously used with a U.S. wireless provider.

Note: Bring your own device program is not available for existing customers. You should transfer a number from another carrier or activate it with a new number.

Check on this link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html to make sure your iPhone is compatible with Virgin Mobile, then order your new SIM card for just $9.99.

Whiz Kid

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. 

I am an existing Virgin mobile and would like to keep my number and transfer service to the other phone. So, to confirm, that would not be possible? I would need to order a new sim card and get a new number? 

Thanks,

Dan

Agent

Unfortunately, the bring your own iPhone option is only available for new account activations.