Virgin Mobile

Switch from 5s to 6

Whiz Kid

Switch from 5s to 6

I’m trying to switch my virgin mobile SIM card (from my 5s that I got from virgin mobile that bricked out) to a iPhone 6 that was previously used with Verizon.  I have contact virgin mobile who said the 6 was locked on with Verizon and that I would need to call Verizon to get it unlocked and able to be compatible with a virgin mobile sim card.  I called Verizon who said the there was a anti theft lock on it and that the original owner would need to call to have it unlocked.  I asked my brother if he could call Verizon to unlock the anti theft on the phone.  It was already unlocked, it had always been unlocked since I got it.  I called virgin again asking what the problem is and why the 6 is not able to be used with virgin, they did not have an answer and danced around the question even when I directly asked it multiple times.  

I hope I am missing something and am not just sol, what are your opinions?

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Switch from 5s to 6

Hi there! If you already have a Virgin mobile account, you won't be able to activate the device with it. Unlocked phones can not be activated on existing accounts since the Bring Your Own Device program is only available with new activations. You can find details here

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I switched from my virgin iPhone 5 to a verizon(I unlocked it) 5se recently without any problems. I have had a 2 line acct on auto pay for years.
Whiz Kid

Hi, I switched from a virgin iPhone5 to a unlocked 5se from Verizon recently. I did get a new sim for it as my old virgin sim did not work( not sure why). Keep trying as it is will work! Goodluck.