Virgin Mobile

Switching from Inner Circle to Sprint

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Switching from Inner Circle to Sprint

Hi,

I have had Inner Circle for a few months and am wanting to switch to Sprint because of a great family plan. Whenever I check on the website if I am able to port over it gives me a prompt telling me that my unlocked iPhone 6s is not accepted. Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks,

IUc

7 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Switching from Inner Circle to Sprint

Is your phone currently active on Virgin Mobile?

If so, run the MEID through the BYOD checker at Tello and see if it indicates the phone is currently active but can be used on Tello.

Then if you are near a Sprint store go and see if the phone needs to be reSKUed.  That happens sometimes when phones are used on  Sprint MVNOs.  If you cannot resolve it in the store ask for the contact information for the regional manager with DNA2 authorization and explain the situation.

Enthusiast

thank you for the reply! I just ran my IMEI through the Tello website, and it said that, "Your phone is currently active with another provider. You need to port in the number associated with this device in order to use it on Tello."

Does this indicate it can be used with Tello? I was using this webiste: https://tello.com/bring_your_own_phone

Thank you again for the help!

Enthusiast

Also, yes, it is currently active on Virgin. Is this problematic?

Wizard

Yes

Also it does suggest the issue is a SKU problem which Sprint should be able to resolve for you. You might have success over the phone but the odds are probably higher in a store.

Good luck!
Enthusiast

So, I will be able to port over to Sprint from Virgin Mobile if I get this sku thing fixed? I had heard that you couldnt port out from any Sprint MVO to Sprint... but you are suggesting that I will be able to?

Wizard

Porting relates only to the number and you can port the number without changing anything relating to the phone.

The number and phone are completely separate.  You could port your number to Sprint and use it on an entirely different device or, if you get the phone activation issue resolved, you could simply get a new number at Sprint if you prefer and use the phone with that number.

It seems to me the issue with the phone is that a database flag has been set that currently prevents it from activating on Sprint itself.  

Sprint should be able to resolve that for you if indeed it is the case.  You can ask in the store about ClickIT ticket and whether that would make the phone eligible for activation on Sprint itself.  It will be necessary to find an employee who is familiar with this issue as not all employees deal with this routinely.

Enthusiast

Awesome. Thank you!