Virgin Mobile

Switching from Sprint to Virgin? How? Can I keep my number?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Switching from Sprint to Virgin? How? Can I keep my number?

Hello, 

I am currently with Sprint, I've recently ended my lease agreement with them today. I still have an account open with them because I want to keep my number. If I switch to Virgin, it says I need to purchase a Virgin sim card and have a device that is compatible. It says my device is compatible, but that my phone is still active on my current carrier.

So, would I need to cancel my line with sprint in order to buy a Virgin sim card and make the switch? This would mean that I lose my number as well? Is there a way for me to keep my number while making the switch to the Virgin company? 

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Switching from Sprint to Virgin? How? Can I keep my number?

Hi Paigen! You can definitely migrate over from Sprint. You will need to purchase a Virgin SIM card through the website.  The only other info you'll want to have when activating is you Sprint account # and account security PIN.

Your Sprint account will remain active and you'll still have your number.  Nothing happens to your account/number until you actually complete the activation process with the Virgin Mobile SIM card on our website.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Whiz Kid

I get this error as well, the website will not let me order a sim card because it says my phone is active with sprint. Your reply does not indicate that that happens but it does. How can I proceed?

Agent

Are you on the iPhone forever lease with Sprint? If the phone is currently on a Lease with Sprint, you're not able to bring that over to Virgin Mobile until the end of the lease term and you have purchased the phone outright. 

Whiz Kid

No I own my iPhone, never leased it, and it is unlocked, when i try to buy a SIM card I enter the phones IMEI number, my phone number and my zip code- then your website says “your iPhone is compatible, but is active on your current carrier’s account. Only devices that are not active are eligible to be transferred to the Inner Circle by Virgin Mobile” 

so I have to cancel my phone, then order the card, and wait for delivery until I have a working phone? I can’t really go without a phone for 24 -48 hours

Agent

We understand. In that case you won't be able to activate that device at the moment. In order to be able to use a Sprint device, it must have not been active on an account for the last 60 days before the activation with us, and it must also be eligible for their unlocking process. If the phone has been active on Sprint within the last 60 days, it won't be eligible for the activation. 

Heavy Hitter

So you’re saying if my sprint contract just ended yesterday and I own the phone outright I can’t order a SIM card and use the phone until 60 days from the sprint contract?

Im allowed to order my sim but not use my number is what I’m seeing when I put in my imei number. I’m trying to figure this out so I can have a working phone asap
Agent

Hi, calalsmi21. We'll continue to assist you through your private message.