Switching to VM with hand me down VM device

SOLVED
Highlighted

Switching to VM with hand me down VM device

I just bought a new VM iPhone, but I want to give my old VM device to a family member who is interested in switching to VM from another carrier. Is that possible? Is there anything I need to do so that my relative's switch to VM goes smoothly?  I just want to emphasize my old device is a VM iPhone, and my family member just wants to switch to VM while keeping her telephone number.

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES
Promoter

Re: Switching to VM with hand me down VM device

Switching to Virgin Mobile is easy. As long as the phone was originally a virgin mobile phone, you'll only need the IMEI number listed in that phone to activate it on the network.
Super Star

Hi there!

You will need to make sure that you clear the old device of any information. Making sure that the device has been removed from your account when you do the iPhone switch over.

Also they can activate the device without issue on the website. If any issues arise, please let me know.

-Josh the Virgin Mobile Expert
Groupie

I have a Samsung phone on Virgin mobil and want to swap that phones number to a new Samsung that is also a Virgin phone. When I enter the new phones IMEI I get a error that somthing is wrong with the number. I know I am entering number correctlty.

Agent

@Daddio7 We'd like to look into this. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.