Virgin Mobile

Transferring data from one phone to my new one - both purchased at Virgin

SOLVED
Highlighted
Master

Transferring data from one phone to my new one - both purchased at Virgin

Hello,

FYI, every cellphone I've purchased - as well as their service - has been with Virgin.

Currently, I have an iPhone 6s.  I bought an XR at Virgin but haven't activated it yet as I don't know how to make sure my data from the 6s is gone from there and needs to eventually be on the XR. The 6s will be factory reset (wish me luck) and I'm giving it to a friend. (There are messages on my phone that are very private - even with my friend).

I've read posts on the Message Board but it seems as though someone from Virgin wanted the poster to PM them. I don't want to jump on someone else's thread, though.

Yesterday, I played with the XR phone and then set it down near my 6s and was surprised that the latter wanted to transfer info to the new phone. I would have clicked YES except I don't know if my info/messages will go as well. 

Over the past years, I've developed a problem with comprehension - especially reading long pages of directions or info. I wish I could actually talk to a human at Virgin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Transferring data from one phone to my new one - both purchased at Virgin

Hello, ohdear! Thanks for reaching out. You can back up all the info you have on your iPhone using iCloud. You just need to follow these steps:

1. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.
3. Tap iCloud Backup.
4. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.

To download the back up to your new iPhone, you just need to this: 

1. From the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
2. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hello, ohdear! Thanks for reaching out. You can back up all the info you have on your iPhone using iCloud. You just need to follow these steps:

1. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud.
3. Tap iCloud Backup.
4. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.

To download the back up to your new iPhone, you just need to this: 

1. From the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
2. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

Master

I wanted to thank you very much for your help.  Unfortunately, I became very ill for too long (MRSA).

I called VM because I couldn't get my XR to stay at English instead of going down the list again and again. The lady at VM took my XR's info and then told me I couldn't transfer or something else because my XR (which I bought new at VM) didn't have the SIM card.  

She sent it to me and I called VM for help. Didn't get it due to phone calls not going through to VM - instead, it went to Sprint who wanted me to buy something. Neither VM phone numbers worked after that. (This was today).  I have a separate question here for that problem.

Anyway, thank you.

Agent

Hi there! Let's take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Master

Edmund, I sent a private message to you yesterday. No reply yet, but, as of last night, my 6s won't call out of State, 800 numbers & other free ones such as VM's number(s).

I tried sending text messages to a relative in OR but none were delivered. People are calling me but my 6s won't ring - just straight to message. As of about 10 mins ago - the last time I tried to call VM - I still get that friggin' Sprint message, wanting money. BTW, my XR isn't ringing either.

I went to my iPhone page and my 6s was no longer shown as my phone but rather my XR even though it's not set up and I still need help with the SIM card which I tried to get yesterday via a VM rep but was disconnected and the VM rep didn't bother calling me back. (Yes, he had my phone number). It was after we were disconnected that I could no longer get through to VM - instead, it was an outside Sprint recording wanting money. (I owe NO money).  The XR doesn't ring as well even though it's shown as being my phone #.

Please, I need my cell phone WORKING due to medical issues. PLEASE help or get someone to call me who can help. Thank you.

Agent

Hi there! We have replied to your Private Message, please check it out.