Virgin Mobile

Trip to India, Virgin mobile inactive

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Trip to India, Virgin mobile inactive

Hi Admin,

Please help me activate my number with virgn mobile. I don't see any option in the website to place a request for activating International roaming.

Please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: Trip to India, Virgin mobile inactive

Virgin Mobile does not offer international roaming.

If your phone is unlocked you can simply buy a local sim or, if you prefer, use an international sim.

If your phone is not unlocked but is eligible for unlocking you can request assistance from an agent to unlock it.

India uses GSM so your phone would need to support GSM to be able to use it there.

Virgin Mobile agents have "Social Care Virgin Mobile" avatars and when the mouse hovers over the avatar the word "agent" appears.

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agents can also be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.

3 REPLIES
Wizard

Virgin Mobile does not offer international roaming.

If your phone is unlocked you can simply buy a local sim or, if you prefer, use an international sim.

If your phone is not unlocked but is eligible for unlocking you can request assistance from an agent to unlock it.

India uses GSM so your phone would need to support GSM to be able to use it there.

Virgin Mobile agents have "Social Care Virgin Mobile" avatars and when the mouse hovers over the avatar the word "agent" appears.

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agents can also be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.

Whiz Kid

How can I make sure that my phone is unlocked? Someone said it was on the phone, but I don't know hoe to double check this. Will my phone work with a British sim card?

Agent

Hi there, khelm! Even though the phone may be unlocked, we can not guarantee that it will work with other carriers. You can contact the service provider that you intend to use and they can check if the phone is compatible with them.