Virgin Mobile

Trouble getting my black friday rebate.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Trouble getting my black friday rebate.

Hello. I bought a iphone SE on black friday expecting to get the 200$ rebate and the 1$ for 6 month apple store exclusive as seen in the advertisements below. After canceling my old plan with AT&T and forfeiting my prepay with them, I was told i was not eligible for the rebate because the phone was was not purchased on the virgin website. Apple called their Virgin rep for me, Mario at #801 8abc and I was assured that I was indeed eligible as per the terms and conditions (which i will post a screenshot of in the comments. I was told I would be getting a call on Monday from Mario because he was busy with other black Friday issues. I have not got a callback despite leaving a message on Tuesday, and the apple store has contacted another rep who says I am not eligible for the rebate. Not only do the terms and conditions not specify where the phone needs to be purchased, the virgin USA website suggests that I buy my model of phone at an apple store due to them being sold out online. At this point I am incredibly frustrated at the lack of communication I have received. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Trouble getting my black friday rebate.

Actually, Virgin has contacted me and confirmed that the terms didn't specify where the phone had to have been bought.  They  are currently working on the logistics of processing the rebate for me. 

10 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.28.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-24 at 3.48.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.55.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.56.24 PM.png

Enthusiast

Note that nowhere in that terms of conditions for the rebate does it specify where the phone be purchased, the big advertisement tells you that you can get both deals (the apple store deal and the rebate), and the website suggests purchasing through the apple store since the phone was sold out.  

Wizard

In case the rebate was a deal breaker for you and if it does not materialize, Apple's holiday return policy permits refunds for undamaged items until January 8, 2018.

The matter certainly should be settled one way or another by then.

Good luck!

https://www.apple.com/shop/shipping-pickup

Heavy Hitter

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Learning-Library/What-should-I-know-about-the-Visa-Gift-Car...

It says to be eligible for gift card you need to “purchase an iPhone from VirginMobileUSA.com between 11/24 and 11/27/2018”

I think the rep you talked to made a mistake.. personally the whole reason I put myself thru the pain of waiting on my virgin iPhone preorder (still waiting) is for the promised gift card, otherwise I would’ve bought direct from Apple. I do recall that buying it from virgin was one of the requirements for it. Good luck..
Enthusiast

Of course you won't get the prepaid card since you didn't get the phone from Virgin Mobile. 

Enthusiast

Actually, Virgin has contacted me and confirmed that the terms didn't specify where the phone had to have been bought.  They  are currently working on the logistics of processing the rebate for me. 

Enthusiast

I noticed after the fact that on facebook the advertisments included the stipulation that it be bought through the website, but I had not visited the facebook page. That community learning thing is not linked to on the website, and if you read the legal terms and conditions of that document, it still doesn't even specify where the purchase be made.  Virgin has contacted me to tell me that after review, they will be honoring the rebate, so I'm happy with them. 

Agent

@tigrae I understand your concern. Please check the following:

eligibility/requirements for receiving $200 Visa Prepaid Card (Redirect customer to www.virginmobilerebates.com for more info if needed):
• Purchase iPhone from VirginMobileUSA.com between 11/24/17 and 11/27/17.
• Activate on the Inner Circle plan by 1/15/18
• Register online at www.virginmobilerebates.com
• Make two consecutive MRC payments
• Customer receives prepaid card via mail within 14 days of second MRC payment (card will be sent to original purchaser).

If you meet these requirements, please send us a private message to further investigate. - E.J.

Enthusiast

Thank you Ejay, the problem is those requirements were not published on the website, and are not in the terms and conditions. Virgin mobile contacted me yesterday and agreed to honor the rebate. They are working on the logistics of processing my cardScreen Shot 2017-12-07 at 8.54.11 AM.png