Virgin Mobile

UGENT: Phone will not make calls

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

UGENT: Phone will not make calls

My phone will not make phone calls. I re-set my network settings last week when this first started and was able to make calls for a couple of days. Then on Monday I needed to use my phone for work, and found that once again I could not call out. After a terribly frustrated journey to find any customer service not connected to a call in number I drove 35 minutes to use a landline. The CS rep re-set my phone and promised that whatever she did on the backend would ensure I would not run into the same issue again. It's Thursday, and once again, I CANNOT make phone calls. The call screen stays up forever before finally changing to a Call Failed screen. I have been a Virgin customer for over 7 years and never experienced any this frustrating, from the phone not working to the complete lack of timely online customer service. I am reaching out to find a solution and elevate the road blocks that exist to a customer who's phone does not work. 

9 REPLIES 9
Enthusiast

Re: UGENT: Phone will not make calls

I have the same issue right now with my iPhone 7. I can only make calls on my Bluetooth in my car. Other than that, it makes the call but I can not hear anyone and nobody can get me. Or, the calls fail. I also have issue sending iMessages now. Are you on an iphone too?

Hey there, Adillon97! How old is your device?

Enthusiast

I haven an iPhone 7, it’s about two years old if I had to guess.

Has it been dropped?

Enthusiast

No, it is in perfect physical condition.

Understood. I'm really sorry but your device is out of warranty. Do you have insurance on your device? 

Enthusiast

No. I’m waiting to purchase the new iPhone 11 Pro but virgin mobile has been out of stock for quite some time and has not been able to provide me with a timeframe of when you will restock. If I were to purchase an unlocked, sim free phone from Apple, could I use my curren SIM card to switch to that unlocked device?
Agent

Hi! We'd love to explain this further. Existing customers are not allowed to activate unlocked devices. Only new port-in customers can activate unlocked iPhones.

Enthusiast

Why is that? I feel like that is unfair, especially when you do not have the item in stock.