Unable to Activate iPhone 6

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Unable to Activate iPhone 6

Dear Virgin Mobile Community,
I've been unable to activate my iPhone 6 for several days now, due to the "Find my iPhone" activation lock, which won't let me swap devices. My old iphone 5 is completely broken and won't even turn on with a usable screen (which is why I bought a new phone), therefore I'm unable to manually turn off the Find My iPhone on my old phone. I went to the iCloud list of devices and removed my old phone through there, but it still won't activate. I also tried fully removing my new phone from Find My iPhone, but with same result. When I try to activate, it continues to say "Your old iPhone has “Find My iPhone” enabled which locks the phone and prevents us from swapping your device. Please turn off this feature and then select “retry”. To turn off the feature on your old phone go to Settings > Chris W. > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud) > then turn off “Find My iPhone”"
Please help!
Thank you,
Chris W.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Unable to Activate iPhone 6

I actually called Virgin Mobile Support and they transferred me to someone who was able to activate it! Thanks guys!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

It seems as if you have followed the standard recommendations.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201441

The next option is to contact Apple directly for assistance or post a question on the Apple Support Community site where volunteer experts will assist you.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I actually called Virgin Mobile Support and they transferred me to someone who was able to activate it! Thanks guys!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Agent

You're welcome.  We remain at your service. If you have any question, just let us know.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I'm having the exact same issue with my SE. Everything is set up, it's in my account information, but because the old 5S still had FMiP active, I couldn't transfer settings. I deactivated the phone via apple's website, but now the VMU page still says awaiting activation, and can't find my order. I CAN'T call, because ....uhoh....my phone isn't activated! Catch 22. Do you Facetime?

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, NotRichard. Hi there. Definitely want to look into this for you. To better assist you, please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN, and the serial number of the phone (IMEI).