Virgin Mobile

Unlock Iphone

Whiz Kid

Unlock Iphone

Ok so, 

I've seen so many articles about this and am getting increasingly more frustrated. I have been a virgin mobile customer for years now but last December 2018 I decided to get a new iphone 6s Plus with virginmobile usa. Little did I know that it was locked and would remain that way. I am currently living in France and plan to be here for a year and wanted to get my phone unlocked, but since I can't use my virgin moblie account abroad and will be there for so long I had it deactivated; I've been hearing my service has to be active with virginmobile for a year, so do I just need to pay for 2 more months of service even though I can't use it all? My account was deactivated though so I'm not sure if they'll make me go through another year of servie before I can unlock my phone. I'd be more than happy to pay an unlock fee to virginmobile, I just want a clear answer but unforutnately I can't call customer servie because I am abroad. Any help or insight appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unlock Iphone

So sorry about the trouble! Unfortunately, the device must have an account active for at least 12 months in order to be eligible for the unlock. We understand your frustration and we truly apologize for the inconvenience. 

Whiz Kid

I deactivated the phone service and phone number, so can I reactivate it and just pay for two more months of service? (I had had it for ten months) Or will it start all over again make me wait another year? Thanks.
Agent

Hi there bluebeta15. It will start over. If the account was cancelled, you would have to activate the phone with a new number on a new account, and then use the phone on that account for a total of 365 days (12 months).