Virgin Mobile

Unlock iPhone AFTER canceling service

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Unlock iPhone AFTER canceling service

Hi there!

So...  a family member was trying to switch services from Virgin Mobile, but failed to realize that she needed to unlock her iPhone (she had been with VM for about 2 years) before canceling.  This was back in August and I didn't find out until recently.

Anyway, what is my best path to getting her iPhone unlocked?  I did call customer service and the person who helped me said that he could get the phone unlocked within 3-5 business days, but that was 2 weeks ago and we have heard nothing.  Is there anythnig we can do?

As an additional small wrinkle, she does not know what her PIN was.  Fortunately she at least knows the answer to her secret question.  And she still has the VM SIM card.  (I did already ask her to reset her phone with the VM SIM card in, but that did not appear to complete any potential unlocking.)

Last but not least, she would LOVE to get her old phone number back but again, her service was canceled in August so I believe it is long gone by now...

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Unlock iPhone AFTER canceling service

Hello. Let's take a look. Please send us a private message with the IMEI so we may review it's current status.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.