Virgin Mobile

Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

Hey there tapasmanna and trueblue711! Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and account pin so we can check your device eligibility for unlock.

Whiz Kid

Did you get this resolved? I have exact same problem. They kept telling me it's unlocked, but it doesn't work with none Sprint SIM

Agent

Hi, @2082abc!

I’d like to look into this for you. Can you drop us a PM so we can investigate this further? Thanks!

~Nosh_CxUx

Whiz Kid

I'm trying to unlock my iphone, I filled out the request, then called the number they said they would unlock it but they haven't. It has been 3 days and still nothing. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Agent

Hello @cd2k. We'll be more than happy to assist you! Please, send us a private message, so we can further assist you.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

Enthusiast

My understanding is that they will not allow you to unlock your phone until you have had it for one year...something they DO NOT MAKE CLEAR when you buy it.

Agent

Hi there, @indykris!

iPhones purchased from 6/21/17 to 9/28/17 can be unlocked after 14 days for both domestic and international.

iPhones purchased after 9/28/17 have different requirements. iPhones purchased at an Apple store can be unlocked for both domestic and international use after 14 days and iPhones purchased through our online store (https://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop) can be unlocked for domestic use after 12 months and after 14 days for international use.

~Nosh_CxUx

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I am having the same issue.  I joined Inner Circle on 9/18 with my own phone.  On 10/25 I called VM to unlock my phone.  I was told that a request was put in and it would take up to 72 hours.  One week later I tried a GSM SIM and got "SIM Not Supported" message.  I called VM again and was told that the phone was unlocked after my first call.  So I called Apple and found out that the phone showed in Apple database as being on Sprint network.  I emailed VM on 11/02 and 11/05.  Both times I was told that VM has "re-escalated your device for domestic unlocking".  As of now my phone still won't accept GSM.

Agent

Oh no! That’s definitely not what we like to hear, @indykris. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN.

~Nosh_CxUx

Whiz Kid

HI! I have the same problem, I’m out of the country and I want to unlock my phone. It meets the requirements, can I send you the information trough private message too?