Virgin Mobile

Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

Hey there, @Isa22! We'd like to help. Yes, you can send us the information about your number and PIN through a private message so we can look into this. Thanks!

Enthusiast

Hello,

I contactd the 1-800 number on Wednesday morning to have my phone unlocked (it had already been at least 14 days).  They told me it would take up to 48 hours.  Saturday I called because it was still not unlocked.  The operator told me that the unlock was in progress and to give it another 48 hours.  

Well, it has been another 48 hours and it is still not working.  I am getting ready to call the 1-800 number again, but expect them to tell me to just wait longer.  What is the deal?!?!  It is so frustrating, and such a waste of my time having to repeatedly call!

Agent

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, shreksbrother! If there’s anything else that we can do for you, let us know.

Enthusiast

You could unlock my phone... That would be helpful!

How long should this process take?

Agent

Understood. Can you please shoot us a private message with the details so we can verify the unlock request status?

Whiz Kid

I recently purchased an iPhone 4S locked to the Virgin Mobile service and wanted to have it unlocked. The person who sold it to me just bought it in the US and is now back to France. Would virgin mobile be able to unlock it for me to use a french service's sim card ? Many thanks for your help !

Agent

Hi, iCloud! Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
•The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time.

Enthusiast

Just a follow-up to my unlocking issue...

I requested my unlock on Thursday, 04 January, 2018.  Was told it would be done within 48 hours.

I called on Saturday, 06 January because it was still not working.  It was "escalated" and I was given a ticket number.

I called on Monday, 08 January because it was still not working.  I was promised by the agent a phone call back within 24 hours.  The agent even gave me her "extension" number.

I never received a call.

I called today, 10 January, because it is still not working.  This agent told me that they have no extension numbers and there is no way to transfer me.  Then she tried to tell me that the phone was not eligible to be unlocked because I bought it on the website.  When I explained that was just untrue and asked for her manager, she refused to transfer me to her manager.

This has been the WORST customer service experience I have had in my entire life, and it has yet to be resolved.  I almost cannot believe how poorly this is being handled.  And now I have a $350 phone that I cannot return because it is beyond 14 days and cannot use because the coverage and speeds are AWFUL.

Worst.  Mobile. Provider. EVER.

Whiz Kid

I have been a loyal customer for almost 7 years and have had my iPhone 6s nearly since it was released. they tried to tell me they couldn’t unlock my phone until I had it for a year... This is a ploy to keep people on with Virgin. There is no way it could possible take more than a few clicks to unlock someone’s phone. I got the same thing. “At least 3 days to process your request.” They won’t budge either. Won’t transfer me to “the other department that handles the unlocking” and “we are terribly sorry that there is absolutely nothing we can do to unlock your phone.” I hope you get your phone unlocked. If I have to wait a month I’m going to lose my noodle. 😳
Highlighted
Kb1
Enthusiast

I too have been unable to get my iphone SE unlocked. I bought the phone in March of 2017, and now I need to change carriers. The 1-888 VM customer service rep said the iphone cannot be unlocked and used with another carrier until the end of next month (12 months after purchase). Nothing on the VM website stated that my phone was locked-in to VM for 12 months when I bought it. And this sounds like they put me and the phone into a de facto 1-year contract - though the rep explained it wasn’t a contract because I could opt to just cancel service and stop using the phone for the rest of the year! Come on!