Virgin Mobile

Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

Hello,

I have repeatedly tried CS to unlock my iPhone SE that has been with VM for over 14 days. Could someone please help me unlock this device? I do not intend to cancel service with VM, I just want to unlock it to use different sim cards with different numbers on them.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

Good afternoon, @rpatel108.

We apologize for the inconvenience, if you wish to have the device unlocked, please contact us here so we can assist you with the process. Don't worry for the device to be unlocked, you do not need to cancel the account.

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Agent

Good afternoon, @rpatel108.

We apologize for the inconvenience, if you wish to have the device unlocked, please contact us here so we can assist you with the process. Don't worry for the device to be unlocked, you do not need to cancel the account.

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

I was recently given an iPhone 5 locked to the Virgin Mobile service and wanted to have it unlocked. The person who gave it to me just got a new phone so is the reason I have the old one. Would virgin mobile be able to unlock it for me to use a diffent service's sim card?
Agent

Hey there, Thaddeuskehoe8! Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
•The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-322-1122.

Whiz Kid

Hey I tried calling virgin mobile and I meet all these requirements but I am out of the country so my connection is absolutely terrible if I provide you with the imei number in a private message could you please help me?
Agent

Hi there, kdmvp2014!

For sure! We can help you via this channel. Send us the information in a Private Message, and we'll reply as soon as we can. Thanks!

~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

So I call the number and the guy helped me to unlock my phone. We communicated and ask all kind of question and they told me that my phone already unlocked and good to go. When I put in a different sim card and it didn't. I call them back and told them that the phone is not unlocked because when I put in a sim card it shows a message "SIM CARD NOT SUPPORTED". They told me in order to work, I have to go to whatever carrier I want to activate the phone. Then I went to ATT and they said "this phone can't work, you have to call my carrier to get it unlocked it first. " Then I went to apple and they said" We are are not supported virgin mobile" I don't know what to do now, why unlock the **bleep** phone give me so stressful and wasted a lot of time. 

Agent

Hi there, khackiem004. We can verify the cellphone unlock status on our end. Please, send us a PRIVATE MESSAGE with the IMEI or MEID DEC.

Please, keep in mind that we don't guarantee that an unlocked device will be compatible with any given carrier. Even if a different carrier activates a Virgin Mobile device on its network, Virgin Mobile does not make any guarantees as to a Virgin Mobile device's performance on another carrier's network or that any or all device features or functions will be fully or partially operational.

Heavy Hitter

I've called customer care twice to unlock my phone, and they say it's done, but the phone is still locked. Can someone help, please?
Agent

Hey there, ttarafas! We’d be happy to help. Send me a private message so we may work directly with you.