Virgin Mobile

Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

Hello, Kb1! Sorry for the late reply! The following information is available in our website:

"- General Eligibility for Unlocking"

"Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

- The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

- The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time."

For more details, please visit: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal#unlocking. Don't doubt to let us know if you have any other questions.

We're here to serve you.

RB-1991 (Robert)

Kb1
Enthusiast

Digging around the VM website today, I found that. The problem is that the info is buried on the VM website and can only be found by someone specifically searching for it. It is not reasonably disclosed to people thinking about buying phones. Had I known about the 12-month lock-in, I would not have bought the phone. It simply is not a transparent way to do business.

Agent

We hear you! We'll make sure the information is posted as a main topic so that everybody have a quick access to it.

EdwinRG

Kb1
Enthusiast

I’m afraid that your unlock policy conflicts with my policy. My policy, which I believe predates the existence of Virgin Mobile (and therefore supercedes your policy), prohibits me from tolerating etailers that engage in deceptive business practices. Like VM, I did not expressly state the existence of my policy at the time of our transaction, but if you had specifically asked about such a policy at that time, it would have been disclosed - just as your deeply-buried unlock policy could apparently have been disclosed to me IF I had specifically asked about it at the time of my phone purchase. Sadly my mind-reading abilities were/are limited, as are those of most consumers, so I had no way to know to ask about or search the bowels of your website for information on a policy I did not know existed. In accordance with my clear policy, please unlock my phone.

Agent

@Kb1, unfortunately the phone cannot be unlocked until it meets the unlocking requirements. It must be active 12 months on the account.

Kb1
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, that is not an acceptable answer. Please explain to me how I can be held to a secret policy that was not disclosed at the time of my phone purchase. Simply saying that it is VM policy to refuse to unlock for 12 months is not actually an answer. Setting aside for a moment the theoretical validity of your policy. the point that seems to be eluding the reps I’ve spoken to is that the policy was not clearly disclosed at the time of my phone purchase. A consumer purchasing a phone from the VM site is never informed of your odd unlock policy — a policy,  by the way, that appears to have been abandoned by VM with regard to more recent purchasers in favor of a 14-day rule. In fact, there is not even a link on any page associated with making a purchase that would lead a prospective purchaser to the policy. Even now, the only way for a consumer to find that policy is to go into the support section of the site, run a search for the unlock policy, and then click through 2 more screens to actually see the policy. If that’s not a blatant attempt to hide the policy from prospective purchasers, what is? The secrecy is the problem. 

Agent

The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time.

For more details, please visit: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal#unlocking. Don't doubt to let us know if you have any other questions.

Kb1
Enthusiast

Gosh, reps just keep telling me to look at the unlock policy. That does not address the concern I expressed in my posts. A non-answer does not become an answer simply because reps say it over and over. Your answers are not responsive to my inquiry.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same exact issue.  I want my Iphone 7s Plus to be unlocked international and domestic.  I have already called customer service and they claimed that they unlocked my phone.  However, it is still locked!  It is on the inner circle plan and have had plan for over 6 months.  I need to be able to use the phone in Mexico... so I need it unlocked.  Still no luck.  I don't want to cancel service... just unlock phone please.  Can someone help me with this?

Agent

Hello @yellingtuna Please, send us a private message so we can further assist you. 

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.