Virgin Mobile

Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Re: Unlock iPhone - Inner Circle

Hi,

Nosh_CxUx clearly says the following 'iPhones purchased from 6/21/17 to 9/28/17 can be unlocked after 14 days for both domestic and international.' in this post https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/iPhone/Unlock-iPhone-Inner-Circle/m-p/17796/highlight/true#...

So is this true or have things changed since the time everyone and your policy said that iPhones could be unlocked after 14 days. There were no exclusions for iPhone SE or iPhone 6. I purchased an iPhone SE on Jun 29, 2017 and I am not able to get it unlocked domenstically. Buyers Beware! It looks like a classic case of bait and switch!

Thanks!

Agent

Hello wpinto,  the iPhone se and 6 had subsidized pricing therefore they are exempt from 14 day unlock .

Whiz Kid

Hello, 

I have been trying to unlock my iphone, I have been waiting for a response from customer service for weeks.  I have had the phone on the inner circle plan for much longer than the required 14 days, so how should I go about doing so?

Thank you

Agent

Hi there, lstoney. Thank you very much  for contacting us. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience with the unlock request.  We'd like to have a look at the account. Please, send us a private message your with phone number and PIN to have a look at your account.

Whiz Kid

I've also been waiting on an unlock I asked for by email.  I'm going to PM you to see if you can help.  thanks.

Agent

We'll be happy to help, Istoney. Please, reach us through private message to check if the phone is eligible. 

Enthusiast

I would like to unlock my iPhone 7. How can I have that happen
Enthusiast

How can I unlock my iPhone 7.
Agent

Hello, Rloree02. We'll be happy to assist you today. We will be able to unlock your phone under the following circumstances:

- The phone has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

- The phone has 12 uninterrupted/consecutive months active with our service

- The phone must be powered on and in Sprint coverage with the original SIM card inserted to request the unlock.

Do you think you meet the above requirements to unlock your phone? If so, send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to verify your account.

Whiz Kid

I have 5 lines with Virgin Mobile and I’ve never had an issue in my years of service with you all. However, I recently purchased 3 new phones and I wanted to sell the old ones because I need the cash for the phones, typically I would just keep them but they’re not that old and I want to make some money. I called to have them unlocked for the person I intend to sell them to and I’m told because I didn’t do it within 14 days of purchase I can only do it for 1 of the phones. On top of that when I asked for my account number to attach to my accounts it was assumed by three different agents that I was cancelling service, which is ridiculous! I only wanted my account number for my reference and never thought it would eve me be an issue. Add that to me wanting to unlock 3 of my 5 phones and no one wants to help me. I am highly frustrated, I just want to sell my phones and at this point I’m heavily thinking on just canceling all my lines and buying new phones with a different provider. I just want to unlock my phones to sell them sheesh, why do y’all make it soooo difficult!