Virgin Mobile

Unlock iphone - international purchase

Blk
Whiz Kid

Unlock iphone - international purchase

Hi,

I purchased a VM locked brand new iPhone 4s from ebay. I would like to have it unlocked. Im hoping since this is almost a 10 year old phone it can be unlocked without the year od activation required on VM. Im in Botswana and have no way to activate it to VM.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: Unlock iphone - international purchase

Hi, Blk. Thanks for reaching out to us. There are some requirements to unlock a device:
-The device has not been reported as lost or stolen 
-The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months
-The device must be powered on and in Sprint coverage with the original SIM card inserted.

Blk
Whiz Kid

Thank you for your feedback.

Doesnt VM possibly have agreements like roaming for ecample with any carriers in Botswana that I could run the 12 months period tied to them through you? Because this renders the phone useless at this current juncture.

Or rather could I not purchase a number and make a full payment on the contract to have it unlocked. Even a transfer of lock to a local carrier would suffice for me.
Agent

We're sorry but we do not offer international roaming. 

Blk
Whiz Kid

Noted. Thank you for your time.
Whiz Kid

@Blk wrote:
Thank you for your feedback.

Doesnt VM possibly have agreements like roaming for ecample with any carriers in myfirstpremiercard Botswana that I could run the 12 months period tied to them through you? Because this renders the phone useless at this current juncture.

Or rather could I not purchase a number and make a full payment on the contract to have it unlocked. Even a transfer of lock to a local carrier would suffice for me.

Great post. It was much needed. Love your simplistic style of explanation. Smiley Happy

Blk
Whiz Kid

Thank you,

Its just a little sad that a phone that even Apple neither sells nor supports is still carrier unlocked as is expected to be used for a year without exception.

Its not even LTE compatible.