Virgin Mobile

Unlock policy

SOLVED
Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Unlock policy

I need clear answers on this. I have seen a dozen different answers across the site and forums that contradict each other and aren't clear.

I pre-ordered the iPhone X from Virgin Mobile. Like many others, I'm waiting for the phone to activate my service. In the mean time I need to know what the exact policy is for unlocking this phone because I refuse to buy a phone that is locked down for extended period of time. I keep hearing about "international unlock" but I need to know about domestic unlock.

What is the policy for the iPhone X to be fully DOMESTICALLY unlocked after purchase and activation on Virgin Mobile network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Unlock policy

Hey dan428. Sorry for the confusion here. You are right. The iPhone X can be unlock domestically and internationally 14 days after activation. The agent actually made reference that the iPhone 8 and above fall under this category to be unlock after 14 days of activation. If you have  any other question or concern please let me know.

54 REPLIES 54
Heavy Hitter

One of the Virgin Mobile agents wrote this below on another question.. can anyone confirm this? It indicates that the iphone X can be domestic unlocked after 14 days. Even though I don't plan on switching carriers I need to know that this is accurate and will be honored for my phone. Thanks.

"Although the phones will be locked upon activation, you can choose to international unlock your iPhone at any time [as long as the device has been activated for at least 14 days] If you would like to domestic unlock it, your iPhone needs to last 12 month activated (unless is an iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone X, which unlock policy is after 14 days)"

Heavy Hitter

Why is it so difficult to get a response?!

Agent

Hey dan428. Sorry for the confusion here. You are right. The iPhone X can be unlock domestically and internationally 14 days after activation. The agent actually made reference that the iPhone 8 and above fall under this category to be unlock after 14 days of activation. If you have  any other question or concern please let me know.

Whiz Kid

Thank you for clearifying about unlocking policy. I have also preorder Iphone X and have another query here.

Once Iphone X is unlocked can i use GSM sim (AT&T or T Mobile) in it. Is it GSM compatible or not ?

Thank you

Agent

Hey there, @Amodh. The phone will be compatible if the model is on their compatible phones list.

Whiz Kid

@Annie1424Thank you for your quick response. Can you clarify what do you mean by in campatible list. From where I can check compatibility list. I mentioned it's iPhone X and this phone is campatible with most of the GSM service provider.
Thank you
Agent

You can check on the GSM carrier's website to see if the phone is compatible from us @Amoldh.

Enthusiast

I purchased a Pre-Owned iPhone 7 on 11/30. Trying to understand the Unlock policy.

I called Customer Support to find on "Unlock Policy", each time the customer service executive is sharing different informtion. Someone was saying Pre-Owned phones are unlocked from day-1, other was saying you can unlock phone after 14 days of activation and one was saying you have to be with Inner Circle account for 12 months to get it unlocked.

Very Poor Customer Service! I am scared to move along!!!

Can you anyone help me understanding the 'unlocking policy' under Innser Circle Account for Pre-Owned iPhone 7 bought from virginmobileusa.com website?

Appreciate!

Agent

Hi there, @ykasani! Any iPhone purchased through our website after 11/26/17 can be unlocked for both domestic and international use after 14 days of use (except the SE and 6).

~Nosh_CxUx