Virgin Mobile

Unlock policy

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Re: Unlock policy

I am also very sorry you have a policy that punish loyal customers.
Agent

We apologize for the inconvenience. We remain at your service. If you have any other question, just let us know.

Heavy Hitter

Of course, nothing during my purchase of an iPhone 6 on Nov 24, 2017 indicated there were more restrictive unlocking requirements for it.  Virgin kept telling people 14 days, now tell me domestic unlock needs 1 year.

Highlighted
Agent

We apologize for the inconvenience @michaelvoight. You can unlock the device within 14 days as long as the device will be used outside of the country. For domestic use you need to wait 12 months. We apologize for  any inconvenience.

~JoyP.

Heavy Hitter

This is more than just an inconvenience. It is misleading advertising.

You cannot tell me before I buy the phone that I can have it unlocked in 14 days, then tell me later that doesn't apply to the model I have just purchased.  If I had known that, I would not have bought the phone, because we have 2 phone accounts and Virgin's Circle does not have a discount for 2 people. 

I was also told I would receive the visa debit card rebate within 14 days of making my second payment.  Now I have been told this should be 14 days after I have completed my 2nd month of service.  Of course, the status is still "You are in the final stages of verification", so I don't think it is possible my phone will arrive within 4 days from now, which is 14 days after the 2nd month ended and the payment for the third month.

Whiz Kid

Okay... So iPhone sicafants only 14 days, android users 365 days and we don't respond to two call to CS?

Is that what im hearing?
Whiz Kid

Prepaid Unlocking Policy: Carriers must unlock a customer’s prepaid phone if requested, and no later than one year after activation.
Notice: Carriers must notify customers when their device is eligible to be unlocked. Carriers will also be permitted to charge a fee to non-customers requested their device unlocked.
Response Time: Carriers must unlock a device within two business days of a customer’s request, or provide an explanation as to why the device does not qualify for unlocking or cannot be unlocked in that time frame.
Enthusiast

Then why when I just called did they tell me that I would have to wait 365 days to unlock my new xr?
Enthusiast

Why did I just call and they told me I would have to wait 365 days to unlock my phone. I am an inner circle member. I just purchased an xr
Agent

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause, Cspea641. Starting 8/29/18 the Virgin Mobile Inner Circle was discontinued, and the unlock policy for all Virgin Mobile devices is 365 days.