Virgin Mobile

Unlock policy

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Re: Unlock policy

Hi there, I have an old iPhone 5 that was on virgin before I upgraded to iPhone X. I would like to use the old phone with a different sim (international) but it says the new sim is not compatitable. Please could you assist me with unlocking this phone so I can use it with any SIM card?
Agent

Hey, Zammitusa! Let’s take a closer look at this. Can you send us a private message with your phone number, pin to verify your account, and the IMEI number? Thanks!

Whiz Kid

@STIX19 

i bought a sprint iphone x but it looks like VirginMobile phone.

so i want to unlock the phone, i will have to activate the iphone x with VirginMobile for 14 days at least?

then can I request unlock (domestic/internationally)?

if so, I'd like to activate it. I dont mind to have a month service for now.

but can you confirm?

thanks

Agent

Hi there, amsguy! In order to unlock a Sprint phone, you need to contact Sprint directly. 

Heavy Hitter

@Nosh_CxUx Hello. Just want to clarify your answer. "Any iPhone purchased through our website after 11/26/17 can be unlocked for both domestic and international use after 14 days of use (except the SE and 6)."

Does that apply to both New and Pre-loved iPhones? If so, then I can switch carriers or sell it as an unloced iPhone?

On a related question, I have been a subscriber for many years. If I purchased a non-iPhone, whether it's pre-loved or new, will it be subject to a locked period?

Thanks.

Agent

Hi, payitforward! Thanks for contacting us. @Nosh_CxUx is not available at this time. Starting 8/29/18 the Virgin Mobile Inner Circle was discontinued, and the unlock policy for all Virgin Mobile devices is 365 days.

Heavy Hitter

@Royt Thanks for the reply.

Agent

You’re welcome! We remain at your service. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question/concern or if there's anything else we can assist you with. We'll be more than happy to help!

Whiz Kid

Can you pay a fee to unlock the device before 365 days? @Royt 

Highlighted
Agent

Sorry, daplug808. We don't offer that. Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if we can be of further assistance.