Virgin Mobile

Unlock policy

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Re: Unlock policy

Thanks Nosh for quick response!

Are you sure on this information?!

I am on call with customer service right now, I was told that this information is incorrect!

I am totally confused.Smiley IndifferentSmiley Frustrated

Agent

Enthusiast

@ykasani wrote:

Thanks Nosh for quick response!

Are you sure on this information?!

I am on call with customer service right now, I was told that this information is incorrect!

I am totally confused.Smiley IndifferentSmiley Frustrated

Were you able to get the phone unlocked?  I am also looking at buying one of the pre-owned iPhone 7 phones listed on the Inner Circle website but can't find any clear guidance as to whether this would fall under the 14 day unlock policy or not.

Agent

Hello, @deathcab. Thank you for stopping by. Don't worry, the information its correct. Any iPhone purchased through our website after 11/26/17 can be unlocked for both domestic and international use after 14 days of use (except the SE and 6). If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We're here to help. -Kira_M.

Heavy Hitter

I made my order for the iPhone X on 11/24 but as indicated earlier in this thread it is still unlockable after 14 days correct?
Agent

Hello, dan428. Thank you for stopping by. Yes, is still eligible to be unlock after 14 days. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know we're here to help. -Kira_M.

Whiz Kid

I have just bought an iPhone 8 Plus from your website on 2nd Dec 2017, and would like to unlock it for use with other carriers in the US.

However, when I called your hotline, I received different messages from two different CSO:

1st CSO (on 3rd Dec 2017) only mentioned that I need to wait for 14 days before I can unlock the device for both international and national carriers.

2nd CSO (on 16th Dec 2017, the 14th day) told me that your company can only unlock international after 14 days, but declined to unlock for domestic carriers. She claimed that I can only unlock domestic after 12 months of service with your company. This is different from what I understood when I signed up, as there is no such clauses that I could find, and I couldn't find any copy of the terms and conditions now on the website. From what I understood, I can cancel my Virgin mobile at any time, but if I do that within 12 months, my phone will not be able to be unlocked for use with other carriers - effectively bricking it. This does not make sense, and makes your claims about being able to switch at any time very questionable. 

Please advise.

Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, @virginseattle. Unfortunately, we do not manage unlock request on this end.  We recommended you to contact the department in charge 1.844.604.3422 for better assistance.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Here's the facts. My case scenario with Virgin:

I am a loyal Virgin customer for over 10 years.

I bought a new S8 from Virgin.

It's been less than 12 months since my purchase.

The devise is paid in full.

The phone is locked to Virgin.

I'm traveling outside the country were Virgin does not provide service.

Virgin will NOT unlock my phone because it hasn't been 12 months on the network.

I will not be able to get a sim card overseas to use on my new S8.

Conclusion: Virgin does not care about custumer loyalty and has a perverse policy to keep your paid for devise locked to its limited and only locally available service.

Agent

So sorry about the trouble, @doctormo! Unfortunately, the phone must comply the requirements so we can proceed to unlock it. For more information about our Unlock Policy, we suggest you to click here.