Virgin Mobile

Unlocked iPhone XR

Enthusiast

Unlocked iPhone XR

Am I able to bring my own unlocked IPhone XR from Apple to Virgin Mobile? I'm already a virgin mobile user.
12 REPLIES

Re: Unlocked iPhone XR

Hey there, Tmgaida1180! We apologize for the inconvenience at this time. Unfortunately Virgin is not accepting bring your own devices for existing customers. 

Enthusiast

That's interesting since the representative I spoke with on the phone last night told me it was fine after he looked at my account. He advised that I could purchase the phone through apple, pick up a new SIM card at any Sprint store and call back for assistance with activation. My new phone will be arriving tomorrow at which point I'll be trying too do what he told me and if it doesn't work. I guess I'll just switch networks. Thank you.
Agent

We're sorry to hear that. We remain at your service. When you have any question, just let us know. 

Enthusiast

Hi, were you able to buy from apple and bring your own Xr to virgin? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but before I buy I want to make sure it's possible. Thanks.

Agent

Hello, @graceseader. Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately, the iPhone XR is not compatible with us at the moment. We suggest you visit the following link to check the list of compatible iPhones: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html. If you have any other question, just let us know. 

Enthusiast

Will it be available anytime soon. I would like to stay with virgin, but if it can't be offered then I will switch providers. 

Enthusiast

So after almost 3 weeks of running in circles with incorrect information both online & by phone, I had no choice but to switch carriers. I didn’t want to switch but I was left no choice as the customer service I received was horrible and I had an iPhone XR I couldn’t use. The Inner Circle team said I could switch but I couldn’t figure out how to successfully do that because every rep had different information and the hold times were ridiculous. If I would’ve been part of BoostMobile It wouldn’t have been an issue but I couldn’t even switch to them bc they won’t port sister company numbers. Such a cluster!!!
Enthusiast

Oh okay. Thanks

Enthusiast

I am trying to switch from iPhone 6s to unlocked iPhone XR purchased direct from the Apple Store.  I called tech support last night and they said I needed to purchase a compatible iPhone XR sim card.  Will this work or do I just need to switch carriers to get service on the XR?