Virgin Mobile

Unlocked iPhone XR

Agent

Re: Unlocked iPhone XR

Hi scattaway! Unfortunately, that device is not compatible for us to activate it. The only devices that we can activate for our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program (new customers activating a new account and brings their unlocked phone from another carrier) are: 

iPhone SE
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X

You can find more details at https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html. ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

So to confirm, one can buy and activate an iPhone XR directly from Virgin, but one cannot activate an unlocked, or Sprint-enabled iPhone XR purchased directly from Apple?

Thanks

Agent

Hey there, mkjeeves! That is correct. Only the ones sold directly from us are compatible at the moment. 

Whiz Kid

I bought one through your store and it had Sprint on it, the screen was damaged somehow in the sealed box so I had apple replace it because customer service here has been awful. How is this even possible?

The phone I got from apple to replace it won't work with your service, I used the SIM provided with the phone you guys sent me.

Agent

We apologize for the the inconvenience. @Opticdecay Unfortunately, you'll not be able to use the same SIM card that came with the previous device. Did you try to purchase a SIM card at a Sprint store? You may be able to use the phone with this. 

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

It came with a new SIM that tells me it's sprint. I'm just trying to get it all activated and hopefully using the service I bought the phone from, I got it from Virgin's shop online

Agent

Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?  @Opticdecay

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.