Virgin Mobile

Unlocking iPhone 7 Plus

Whiz Kid

Unlocking iPhone 7 Plus

I called the VM help line today and was informed that because I activated my iPhone 7 Plus purchased through them in January 2019, that it hasn't met the requisite one year for unlocking eligibility yet, and they cannot unlock it.

My issue is, I've been a VM customer for over two years now, and bought this phone pre-owned via VM and will only be using it overseas (not with a different provider domestically). In browsing these forums, I see people saying that unlock requirements are different for those with pre-owned phones and for those who plan to use it internationally as opposed to domestically.

Is there anything I can do, or will I have to resort to getting it jailbroken once overseas?

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Unlocking iPhone 7 Plus

Hi ellis3684. Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, unlocking requirements must be met in order to have the device unlocked. Please, have in mind that if you jailbreak your device,  the warranty will be voided, and there is a risk of the device being unusable or getting bricked (if you don't have much experience doing that). Also, we do not guarantee that it will be able to be activated again with us once it has been programmed with another carrier's settings. ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

Umm, I mean the device will be unusable since I can't unlock it anyways so why not try to jailbreak it lol? I don't see any other way that I'll be able to continue to use the phone. You do realize it's useless if I can't unlock it?

Agent

We understand,  ellis3684 but unfortunately, we are unable to unlock the phone if it does not meet the requirements.