Virgin Mobile

Unlocking iphone

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Unlocking iphone

Hello,
I will be moving abroad and will therefore have to cancel my virgin account.
I would like to be able to keep using my phone, purchased through virgin, and am wondering what the easiest way is to get my phone unlocked and ready for a European sim card.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unlocking iphone

No need to worry, jnine! We’ve got you. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

No need to worry, jnine! We’ve got you. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

View solution in original post

Enthusiast

Hi, My wife wants to unlock her phone. What’s the procedure?

Don’t you fret, Djrnbeodnd! We’ve got you covered. Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-322-1122.

Whiz Kid

I purchased a phone 10 months ago with insurance claim.

Nobody told me about 12 months requirement for unlock.

I am traveling soon and needed the phone unlocked. NO HELP AT ALL! been a customer for 3 years and wasn't planning on leaving, but now I have to since I cannot use the phone and I need one for work!

spent an hour trying to get it done, customer service reps been transfering from one another and apologizing for inconvinience.

Is there someone who can help with this? 

Agent

Hello there, @kingpin88! So sorry to hear about that. We really appreciate your loyalty. Please note that, if the device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked and if it has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time, Virgin can help you with an unlock, otherwise the system won’t let us override it. 

Enthusiast

How can I check if my iPhone got unlock. 48 hours later... I still didn't get any confirmation or email about status.
Agent

Hello, @vktktk! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Whiz Kid

I called to this number. There is no option in the menu to unlock a phone