Virgin Mobile

VM just cut off my mentally disabled brother-in-law without warning

Whiz Kid

VM just cut off my mentally disabled brother-in-law without warning

My brother-in-law's phone had seized up in December, so VM agreed to send him a new one for $50. A few weeks later they then said for the first time that they needed the old phone back. Ok, fine. They then sent a return envelope to him. He called me and said he had the envelope and was returning the old phone. Great. Now without warning, VM just cut off his service, claiming they didn't get the phone.

Again, he is a MENTALLY DISABLED MAN. I would call him to try to resolve this, but I can't. Because his phone was SHUT OFF with NO WARNING.

I spoke with "Josh" in customer support but he only said there is no alternative but to pay full price for the old phone or send it in. I'd be happy to help get the shipping info and resolve this, but I can't call him.

This is a terrible way to treat a disabled man. I would like to talk to someone who has more authority than Josh to help us.

1 REPLY
Agent

Re: VM just cut off my mentally disabled brother-in-law without warning

Hello alan0001! We're sorry that your brother is going through this very unfortunate situation. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in this case. If you wish to speak to a manager or supervisor, please give us a call at 1-888-322-1122. ~AmyM25