Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile sent me a SIM card that doesn't work

Whiz Kid

Virgin Mobile sent me a SIM card that doesn't work

So I have had problems with my service for over a month and a half now. I am on my third SIM card from Virgin Mobile, but when i went to activate this card, the card connected to the Sprint network and not the Virgin Mobile network. EVERY SINGLE TIME I call customer service, I get 14 different stories about tower updates and network adjustments. Today, I was told that there were no network enhancements, then 15 minutes later (after getting sent to the retention department) I was told by the agent that they were doing network enhancements. 

The error I get now is that the system update fails when I try to update the subscriber settings. has anyone else had this problem?

Honestly, I just want my phone to work. I can use it on wifi, but it is useless otherwise. After customer service not being helpful, I'm seriously considering changing carriers.

6 REPLIES 6
Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile sent me a SIM card that doesn't work

After reviewing, it seems like my IMEI number changed after Apple repaired a part due to the ongoing iPhone 7 "No Service" issue. Customer service hasn't helped, but maybe an online agent can.

Wizard

It sounds as if that is the problem.

A Virgin Mobile agent can review your account and make sure the IMEI of the device you are using and the ICCID of the sim you have match what is recorded in the database.

Once that is the case the service update should complete properly.

On any Sprint network carrier whenever there are problems with service updates the first thing to check is that IMEI on the phone and the associated ICCID match the carrier's database.  In the case of Virgin Mobile, that cannot be done online and you need to request the assistance of an agent.

Agent

Hey there @shocka74. We'd like to take a closer look! Please, send us a private message with your phone number and pin. Please, send us the next information:

- IMEI of the number

- SIM card number.

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

The same thing has happened to me. I am getting a second sim card sent in the mail. I am so frustrated and upset by the million stories I have heard of why my internet is not working. Please help.
Enthusiast

Please help!! The same thing has happened to me and it is so frustrating paying for a service that barely works!
Agent

Hello, @Salina_Marie! We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN and SIM card number. You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.