Virgin Mobile

Why can't I just move my SIM card from my iPhone SE to my iPhone 7?

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Why can't I just move my SIM card from my iPhone SE to my iPhone 7?

I got a used Virgin iPhone 7 that doesn't have a SIM card. I tried putting my SIM from my iPhone SE into the iPhone 7 and it says it's invalid. I really don;t want to have to buy a new SIM and wait for it to get here. I can't get ahold of a human on the phone to help me, and I can't swap phones to the new phone while calling them on the old phone. VERY FRUSTRATING.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Why can't I just move my SIM card from my iPhone SE to my iPhone 7?

Hey there, @tthrash! Really sorry to hear about that. Be aware a SIM card won't work on a different phone model for many reasons, for instance: incompatibility issue or configuration issue. So we can better help you, please send us a private message with your number and PIN so we can look into the compatible SIM for your phone. Thanks.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Hey there, @tthrash! Really sorry to hear about that. Be aware a SIM card won't work on a different phone model for many reasons, for instance: incompatibility issue or configuration issue. So we can better help you, please send us a private message with your number and PIN so we can look into the compatible SIM for your phone. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Enthusiast

I am having the same issue, but trying to move from an iphone 6 to iphone 6. when I try to swap phones, it says the SIM is already in use. shouldnt I be able to just move the SIM to the new phone?

Agent

Hi there brittanybx. Thank you for contacting us. Our Virgin  Mobile phone are to be used with their original sim card or with a new sim card. A used sim card will not work on another phone. Victor21

Enthusiast

Is the process to purchase a new SIM card and go through the "bring your own device" process again? Will I be able to keep my phone number?

Agent

Hi. Bring your own phone is not supported with existing accounts. To be able to bring your own phone, a new number needs to be transferred from a non Sprint carrier. 

Enthusiast

So how does one get a new phone if their current one breaks?

Agent

Hi. You would need to purchase an actual Virgin mobile device from our website, or stores. Victor21

Enthusiast

Wait, there's no way to switch to a different phone at all without making the purchase through Virgin? What if you get a new phone as a gift?

Agent

We understand your concern. At the moment, only new customers are eligible to bring their own phone to Virgin Mobile, and only iPhones are compatible with this program. You can get more information here at https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html.