Virgin Mobile

Will Virgin support the new Apple Watch Series 3 on cellular

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Will Virgin support the new Apple Watch Series 3 on cellular

As the subject states, will Virgin Mobile support the new cellular Apple Watch Series 3?

If so, how would I add that to my plan?
7 REPLIES
Virtuoso

Re: Will Virgin support the new Apple Watch Series 3 on cellular

According to the Apple website the answer appears to be "no."

The Apple webiste explicity mentions Virgin Mobile for the new phones but not the watch.  Of course, that may change at a later time.  The watch and phone must be on the same provider.

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

Whiz Kid

I'm assuming that since Virgin is just an extension of Sprint, that the iwatch should work.  Sprint does support the watch.  

Agent

Hi there Sirjack. As of right now Virgin Mobile does not support those devices. Only cellphones are supported. If you have any other question or concern please let me know.

Whiz Kid

Is Vigin Mobile planning on supporting the Apple Watch?

Agent

Hello @mantujay Unfortunately, we do not have this information at the moment. Please, keep checking our website at https://www.virginmobileusa.com/ for any updates.

~ Joy P.

Whiz Kid

I just got off the phone with Virgin Mobile they said they would support the LTE I just need to call so they activate. Please let me know as I am going to buy one this afternoon. 

David

We apologize for the inconvenience, @david63090 Unfortunately, the device is not compatible with our network to be used as a phone. However, you are able to connect the device to your iPhone via Bluetooth. If anything else, we're here to help.