Virgin Mobile

Wrong SIM card and won’t work on the virgin mobile plan

Wrong SIM card and won’t work on the virgin mobile plan

I bought a virgin mobile sim card from virgin mobile website for my new iPhone and I was sent a SIM card locked to the actual sprint cellular network as the carrier. I can't complete the swap my iPhone to my new iPhone. How can I get this SIM card to work on the virgin mobile cellular carrier plan? Can I go to sprint and get a correct SIM card. On the SIM card it has sprint and not VM for virgin mobile's prepaid cell phone plan service. On the plastic card piece it states that this SIM card is for use on the sprint network. In my settings cellular carrier service shows sprint and not virgin mobile with this SIM card. Why would I get a sprint sim card instead of virgin mobile SIM card from virgin mobile website and it has go to activate.virginmobileusa.com but when I tried it stated it can't find this SIM card? Can I send this card back and get the correct SIM card for use on the virgin mobile prepaid cellular carrier service 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wrong SIM card and won’t work on the virgin mobile plan

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST on weekends. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

I clicked on your username and picture but no option to private message came up

OK. Did you complete the activation of your Virgin Mobile community account using the email that was sent to you? Normally this is what causes that you can't see the private message option on an agents profile.

Highlighted

Yes I did complete the email verification

We understand. Please try to access this link https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2837. This will lead you to another Virgin Mobile agent. Please check if you can see the "Send this user a private message" option on the right on the contact me area.