Virgin Mobile

can I unlock iphone with less than 12 months since activation or use it abroad somehow?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

can I unlock iphone with less than 12 months since activation or use it abroad somehow?

I need my iphone 7 unlocked to use abroad. When I activated it 4 month ago, I was told that it could be unlocked for international travel in May. Now a representative tells me that I have to wait 12 months. Could anything be done? I'd like to use my iphone when I travel internationally. What are the options? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Re: can I unlock iphone with less than 12 months since activation or use it abroad somehow?

Hi there! We'd be happy to help you. Allow us to investigate. Please send a Private Message with your phone number and PIN. 

Whiz Kid

Re: can I unlock iphone with less than 12 months since activation or use it abroad somehow?

I'm told that VM iPhone can't be used in Europe at all until 12 months past activation. Only then it can be unlocked and possible to use with a local sim card. Doesn't matter how many years you have been a customer and that a representative lied to you when you asked this question at the time of purchase. Had I known, I would buy my new phone elsewhere.