Virgin Mobile

cellular update failed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

cellular update failed

Hi!

I recently bought a pre-loved iphone 7 from the virgin mobile store. It activated and worked for about a week.

Last night, I got an error that said "Cellular Update Failed". Since then, I can no longer make or get calls or send non-imsg texts. On the corner, instead of "Virgin" it says "No carrier"

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: cellular update failed

I talked to apple about the "cellular update failed". They showed me this:  https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

I guess some iPhone 7's have that problem. They took my phone and fixed it for free.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Agent

Hey there, @patfam! So sorry to hear that. We will definitely look into it. So we can better assist you, please private message us your number and PIN. Thanks.

Enthusiast

I am having the exact same issue with my iPhone 7 as well. Just started this past week, it was just every once in a while at first however I haven’t had service for the past 24 hours now.
Agent

Hello, JHarding. So sorry for this hassle; I'd love to help you with this ASAP. Can you send me a private message with your phone number, pin code and address to review this?

Enthusiast

I’m having same issue just got a pre loved iPhone 7 Wednesday activated it Thursday afternoon and by Thursday night I lost all service
Agent

Hey there, Dafailing! We'd be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code and the address where you are experiencing this issue.

Master

Same problem and there is obviously an issue why has no one posted a solution? 

Master

Could someone please explain this error  to me, my service has been down for 3 days?

Agent

Sorry to hear that. Have you recently performed a device swap? How many bars are you getting? Is your phone showing No Service at the top? 

Master

IMG_1098.PNGI have iPhone 7 activated Dec 26. Zero bars it says no service with a triangle that has an ! In it.