Virgin Mobile

cellular update failed

SOLVED
Agent

Re: cellular update failed

Can you provide us the nearest streets and zip code?

Master

Evergreen oak loop \ Cypress hill.

winter garden fl 34787

Agent

Thanks. We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Master

If it's just an outage why am I getting the failed update errors?  In the past an outage would just say "searching" or "no service".

Also  going on 4 days for an outage with no weather issues seems a bit odd?

Agent

Have you tried updating your profile? Please follow these steps below: 
-From the home screen, tap Phone.
-On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call button.
-Tap OK. The handset will search for profile updates and install them. 

Master

When I hit the call button nothing happens.
Agent

We’re aware our customers are experiencing difficulties with voice and data services. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Master

Into day 5 now, apologies are hardly sufficient! How would you personally feel with no service for 5 days. Would an apology and a 10$ refund make it all better?

I would like to look into having my phone unlocked but something tells me you probably have to have service for that.

Agent

Hello, @CD73. Thank you for stopping by. In order for us to be able to unlock the phone, it must meet the requirements of our unlock policy. One of the requirements is that the phone must have been active on a Virgin Mobile account for at 12 months. -Kira_M. 

Master

Kira,

Thanks for your quick response, one of my requirements to be a customer for 12 months would be a working service.  I have been with Virgin Mobile for 10+ years. Please do the right thing as a business and take care of it.  5 days of no service with no communication outside of my initiative is ridiculous.  I have already paid for the phone I own it.  I have had an active account for 10+ years.  Talk to a supervisor or a supervisors supervisor and lets get this taken care of.  If Virgin would have let me know they were upgrading and the service was going to be down that would be fine. However  when I called in after 2 days of no service there were apologies, no time line for repair but promises that it would be up in a couple of hours.  No transparency and here I am talking on a forum trying to get help.  Also the Customer service rep on the phone took my landline # and assured me they would call with updates.  How many update phone calls do you think I have received? 0