Virgin Mobile

cellular update failed

SOLVED
Agent

Re: cellular update failed

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, if the phone does not qualify to be unlock, we're unable to unlock it. -Kira_M. 

Master

Yes that makes perfect sense.  Sell me a phone that I have paid for in full and then keep it locked to a service that doesn't work.

I can tell you are really sorry by the way your customer service is set up so you wouldn't even have to confront an upset customer live. Great business model..  Kira I realize you personally are just doing your job but when it's obviously in violation of common sense and normal ethical priciples at what point would you hold your employer accountable?  If you don't fight for what's fair as an employee does that really make you a good one? It's pretty easy to hide behind an IP address like a robot but it's not always easy to do the right thing!  Why don't you try looking into my situation and finding a way to make an exception.  The rules are there to protect the business but not when I'm paying for a serivce that I am not receiving, at that point the company needs to realize it and take responsibility.  Saying 'We're sorry for the inconvenience"  without even trying to right a wrong is hardly a solution.

Master

7 days!! Could I get another empty apology please?

Agent

Hello there, 

If you are referring to the device unlock request, be advised we are unable to unlock the phone due to the fact it does not meet the requirements. 

We're truly sorry for the inconvenience  this may cause you. 

Thanks.

Master

9 days of no service, I don't think it's actually ever coming back!

Agent

CD73, I would like to look into this for you and figure this out. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone, pin number and current location. 

Whiz Kid

I’m having the exact same issue someone help please it says no service on top
Agent

Hi there, @Jtoth123! Are you trying to activate the phone on a new account? Do you have an active Virgin Mobile account? What's the make and model of the phone? Where did you purchase that device? 

Enthusiast

Having same issue. I took the SIM card out put it back in and restarted my phone and service came back on briefly but then turned off. I think my phone has a problem reading the SIM card
Agent

Hello there, @Dafailingj! Please, send us a private message to further investigate.