Virgin Mobile

certified pre loved warranty

Whiz Kid

certified pre loved warranty

i just purchaased a certified pre loved iphone 6S, it would not turn on and could not be activated, now i am getting a run around on the warranty. first VM said it was covered by Apple, Apple said NO, they even called VM for me, then VM said call warranty company Brightstar, it was not in their system so had to be escalated, now a week later they say no record it is a VM problem. called VM again, they said NO its a warranty problem and hung up on me!

help i just want a phone that works.

10 REPLIES
Agent

Re: certified pre loved warranty

Hey there! Really sorry to hear about this experience. Be aware the Certified Pre-loved phones aren’t eligible for Virgin Mobile insurance, but should be eligible for 1 year Apple Limited Warranty. Did Apple tell your about this when you contacted them? Thanks.

Whiz Kid

hi Jeff, matbe you did not read my entire post. THe first person at VM told me to call Apple, like you stated, but when i called Apple they said there is no warranty from them. As i stated the apple agent called VM while i was on the line and the VM agent told both of us to call "Brightstar" the warranty company for VM. Brightstar says they have no record of the phone, apparently VM sends them the info based on the cell number. obviosly this phone does not have a cell number, as it cannot be activated because it will not power up and has never powered up, it is damaged in the box.

HELP, I would lie to have a phone that works.

Agent

Understood. In this case, you need to contact BrightStar again and let them know that you have not activated the device yet, you will provide the serial number of the phone so they can further help. We're really sorry that you have to go through all this.

Whiz Kid

Jeff, sorry to say that i have given Brightstar every number on the phone, it is not in their system. they told me the phone had to be activated to be in their system, obviously i cant activate the phone because it will not come on.

is their a number i could call you at to discuss this.

i feel like i have been given the run around for the past 8 days.

Agent

We understand your concern, @gdspls Please send us a private message with the order number when you placed the order. In order to send a private message, you just need to click on my name, then select the option that says "Send this user a private message" we'll be pleased to help!

Whiz Kid

There is no option for a private message
And where would I find the order number?
I ordered the phone on Nov. 23, 2018
Agent

Thanks, @gdspls! If the phone was purchased on that date, you will not be able to return the phone since you have exceeded our return policy. On the other end, brightstar protection starts at the activation date, since the device hasn't been activated, it could be the reason why they're unable to locate your account. The order number should be in your e-mail, if it is not in your regular inbox, please check your SPAM/JUNK folder. 

After clicking on my name, you just need to scroll down in order to find the "Send this user a private message" button. Please give it a try!

Whiz Kid

hi Marcos, i am sorry i dont see a private message, below are 3 screen shots. 

not sure if you read my other post, ordered on Nov. 23, 2018, recieved 11/28/18, tried to activate 11/29/18. it would not power on, to complete activation, tried charging, apple logo would flash on/off, noticed that the side of the screen was not completly down on one side and could see light coming through. Called VM, was told it had Apple 1- year warranty because it was "certified" pre-loved. I paid extra $30 for "Certified" vs regular pre-loved. called apple on 11/30/18, was told NO wartanty remaining, orginal bought in 2016, warranty out in 2017. told them about VM "certified" pre-loved and they knew nothing about it. Apple Rep called VM and was told call Brightstar, i did only to be told not in the system because their syatem is by cell phone number, this device not activated, so no cell number. they had to escalate the case (their words). was then told phone had to be "manually activated" by VM, VM said it would take two days to get into Brightstars system. on Monday 12/3/18 still not in their system. 12/4/18 they said still reviewing the case, finally on 12/5/18 they said it was not covered by Brightstar becaasue they only covered the "pre-loved" phones, not "certified" pre-loved and to call VM, I did and continued to get run around, finally lady at tech support gave me another phone number to call, she said these people handle "certified", but it was just another number for Brightstar. i have already contacted apple and it is not covered by them. At this point i have spent $ 140 for nothing, VM sent me a broke phone, that never worked. i do not appreciate your comment that i "exceeded your return time". I have been dealing with this for over a week and have done everything VM has told me to do.

at this point i expect VM to send me a working phone.
Here are your order details: 
Order Number: vm-toma-5404978 
Product Details:
Order Line Details ---------------------------------- Product Details: VMU Inner Circle Certified Pre-Owned iPhone 6S Grey 16GB (RECVM6S16GRY) Quantity: 1 SKU: RECVM6S16GRY Promotion Code 

VM - marcos.pngVM - marcos 2.pngVM - marcos 3.png

Agent

On the right hand side of the first of the 3 screenshots you send us you'll be able to to find the option "Send this user a private message", once you click that option you'll be able to send us the private message.