just bought an iphone 7 from the apple store, how to i activated it on virgin mobile.im getting zero help and mixed answers one the community help forum thing.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1) have you run the IMEI through the Inner Circle checker and, if so, does it pass?
2) if it does (it should unless you did not buy the sim free model), do you have a correct sim card?
If I understand you correctly the issue is that you do not have a number to port?
Should that be the case, the quickest and perhaps easiest thing do is set up a Google Voice number and you should be able to port that. There is a $3 (I believe) charage for that. There are other ways to get a number to port but they may be more expensive.
I do not know which sim you have but if you enter the phone's IMEI and the ICCID of the sim at the Tello link you will know if it is the right one.
There are 3 versions that work: SIMGLW436C, SIMOLW416C and SIMOLW506C.
No, you should only sign up for the $1/year promotional rate.
You need 3 things:
1) an eligible phone (which you probably have)
2) a valid sim card (which you probably have)
3) an eligible number to port (which you can get if you do not have one.)
I apologize if I have misunderstood what your were asking.
What I was attempting to do is outline the requirements to avail of the $1/year promotion. My understanding it that the cost is $50/month if one continues with the plan beyond the first year.
That is the one I am familiar but if that is not what is of interest to you than what I have suggested would not be revelant.