Virgin Mobile

iPhone 11 Options

Highlighted
Enthusiast

iPhone 11 Options

Okay, so I just want to make sure I've got this right.

The iPhone 11 only works if purchased from Virgin Mobile. A paying customer who has been loyal to Virgin Mobile cannot purchase an unlocked phone from any other source.

But Virgin Mobile is out of stock on all iPhone 11 models.

And Virgin Mobile cannot say when the new iPhone will be in stock again.

Additionally, there is no alert system. Just advice to "check back on the website" in the hopes that you happen to show up in the hour or two after its been posted, before their very limited supply is all sold out again.

Is this right? Virgin Mobile, are you really saying that existing, paying customers MUST buy new phones from you, but you're out of stock and have no idea when you'll be in stock again?

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: iPhone 11 Options

Hello, @rshakes. Unfortunately, the iPhone 11 is not available for Bring Your Own, also the program is not available for existing customers. Regarding the iPhone 11, we don't have information about when it will be available again. We sincerely apologize for this experience.

Whiz Kid

I totally agree. I have been checking VM's website everyday, multiple times a day, since the iPhone 11's release on September 20th. Almost 3 weeks later there hasn't been any Pro or Pro Max models in stock at all, and the limited iPhone 11 models they do have in stock are only the 64gb model which is the least popular option on the market. 

As a loyal customer for many years, this is very frustrating. Especially the fact that all other service providers (such a T-Mobile) have all the iPhone 11 models in stock. I honestly don't want to switch providers but within the last few weeks I have been more and more inclined to. 

I will give it about another week, and if VM can't do something one month after release date, I truly believe at that point it would be unnacceptable. Speaking from a business aspect, in today's markiet, a shortcoming like this can cause the downward spiral of any large corporation, and when customers are in the dark it just hastens the process. 

Enthusiast

I'm sorry, but your sincere apologies are not enough. Why are you bribing new customers with the ability to bring an iPhone 11, and punishing your existing customers who have been loyal to you with an arbitrary rule that prevents them from purchasing a new phone?

Agent

We can understand how that would be frustrating. New customers cannot bring their unlocked iPhone 11 at this time either. The iPhone 11 only works if purchased on the Virgin Mobile website.

Whiz Kid

Another unhappy customer wanting to upgrade to an iPhone 11. I've been a Virginmobile customer for years and am happy with their service. But this is a mess, not having adequate stock available. I'm ready to purchase today! Please, take my money! But the 11/128 GB model that will best serve my needs is nowhere to be found, and no estimate of if or when it might be available. At least they could give us the ability to get on a waiting list, or send us an email when they're in stock. Customers like me won't wait around forever, especially with all the other options available...

Agent

We're truly sorry, radiochris. Unfortunately, the iPhone 11 is not on the Bring your own device list. Please keep checking our site for updates on this. 

Enthusiast

Did you even read this thread? We know its not on the Bring Your Own Device list. We have heard "keep checking back" numerous times. Stop spouting lines and tell your higher ups that your existing customers are pissed.